Do you think that with the massive jumps that technology has made over the past years, we seem to live in a world where there is less and less privacy? So much so that anything that comes with a built-in camera could possibly be exploited in a manner where it could be recording whatever it sees without you commanding it to. Similar to smartphones, Smart TVs can also be hacked and compromised. In fact, at the Black Hat security conference, researchers Aaron Grattafiori and Josh Yavor showed the masses how various 2012 models of Samsung Smart TVs had vulnerabilities within which could be taken advantage of, including turning on the camera, controlling of social media apps such as Facebook or Skype, and accessing the slew of files and app on the Smart TV itself.
- Study Finds That Fast Typists Might Not Even Remember Where The Keys Are Located
- AmazonFresh San Francisco Launch Possible Next Week
- China Bans Bitcoin Transactions Among Banks
- Microsoft CEO Candidate Alan Mulally Likely To Remain At Ford Through 2014
- Virtual Wall Could Prevent Oil Spills
- Follow: hack, smart tv,
- Seen at: mashable