While Nintendo’s own lineup of games are pretty popular in their own right, sometimes gamers just want to play something else, but unfortunately for them, big name developers such as Bethesda and Crytek appear to be passing on the chance to develop for the Wii U. Now it looks like Capcom can be added to the list as it seems that the company has no plans to bring their Street Fighter franchise to the Wii U anytime soon. This is according to the game’s executive producer, Yoshinori Ono, in response to a fan’s question.
According to Ono, “We apologize that we don’t have plan abou [sic] it at this moment.” Basically what this means in terms of latest games is that gamers who were hoping they would see Ultra Street Fighter 4 make its way onto the Wii U would be out of luck. Nintendo’s Wii U console seems to be going through a spell of bad luck lately, only managing a somewhat lackluster 160,000 units in the previous quarter, and with the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One consoles set to be released soon, we can’t imagine things will start looking up, but who knows things could turn around with Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros.
Next Story: Sony To Share PS4 Release Plans On 20th August
- 2014-04-15: Wii Remote Plus Controller Gets Princess Peach Theme
- 2014-04-13: Watch Dogs For Wii U Pegged For Fall 2014
- 2014-04-03: Mario Kart 8 Will Run At 30fps With 3-4 Players
- 2014-04-01: EA Apologizes To Nintendo For "Unacceptable" Wii U Joke
- 2014-03-24: Redbox May Offer PS4, Xbox One And Wii U Rentals Soon
- 2013-03-25: DuckTales Remastered Coming To XBLA, PSN, Wii U This Summer
- 2012-09-14: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate confirmed for Wii U and 3DS in 2013