Yes, so we do know that there is an upcoming smartwatch from Samsung, where it will be known as the Samsung Galaxy Gear, and will this supposed pre-emptive strike against Apple’s fabled iWatch be able to kick off a whole new industry or niche market, just like how Apple’s iPad changed the way tablets were viewed? The folks over at T3 have come up with a conceptual look at the upcoming Samsung Galaxy Gear smartwatch, and even shooting a video of their concept in addition to the possible “machinations” that is capable of – including built-in S Voice for maps as well as answering calls, reading and responding to messages, telling the time (like it is supposed to as a watch) in a peaceful, idyllic manner when you aren’t doing anything else, all displayed on a flexible AMOLED screen.
Assuming Samsung is able to churn something out like this, then the Samsung Galaxy Gear could very well be a major hit for sure – although like many things in life, some of the surest things I have had did not even materialize, but rather, it strayed extremely far away from my intended conclusion. All we need to do now is wait for the September 4th event for the tell-all.
- 2014-04-18: Samsung And Swiss Federal Railways Work Out An Agreement
- 2014-04-18: Samsung’s Milk Music To Cost $4 Monthly For Ad-Free Experience
- 2014-04-17: Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-07: Gear Solo Is Samsung's 3G Capable Smartwatch [Rumor]
- 2014-03-18: Galaxy Gear Price Drops Significantly In Canada
- 2014-02-22: Samsung Galaxy Gear 2 and Galaxy Gear Neo Smart Watches Launched at MWC
- 2014-02-19: Multiple Galaxy Gear Models Expected At MWC 2014
- 2014-02-16: AT&T Galaxy Gear Price Gets A $100 Cut