If you’re a fan of Japanese-styled RPGs (JPRG), perhaps an upcoming game from Ubisoft could be worth your attention and time. The game is dubbed “Child of Light” and is currently being worked on by Ubisoft Montreal and was made public this morning at GDC Europe. The game is expected to run on Rayman’s UbiArt Framework engine and will sport turn-based battles similar to that found on other JRPGs such as the Final Fantasy franchise. According to reports, the game is said to have been influenced by Disney’s Snow White, Studio Ghibli, Limbo, and Final Fantasy 7, all of which sounds like a pretty interesting mashup and we have to wonder what the final result could look like.
Thanks to IGN’s Andrew Goldfarb, he has managed to get some footage of the game and while it might not be the best quality, we definitely like what we see so far and you can see for yourselves in the video above. While the game’s release date has yet to be confirmed and which platforms it is expected to launch on, but it is not targeted at mobile and it is likely that it will be designed for next-gen consoles in mind. So what do you guys think? Like what you see so far?
- 2014-04-13: Ubisoft And musterbrand Team Up For Watch Dogs Apparel And Accessories
- 2014-04-13: Watch Dogs For Wii U Pegged For Fall 2014
- 2014-04-07: Watch Dogs' Recommended Specs Leaked On Steam
- 2014-04-01: Ubisoft: No Watch Dogs Demo Planned
- 2014-03-30: Ubisoft Reiterates Their Commitment To Annual Assassin's Creed Releases