When Motorola announced the Moto X earlier this month, it also unveiled Moto Maker, the online design studio that customers can use to add their personal touch to their new Motorola smartphone. Moto Maker is exclusive to AT&T customers right now, so customization options are only available to current and prospective AT&T customers. The carrier released Moto X on August 23rd, those who wanted to customize their device had to walk into an AT&T store, purchase a credit for the Moto X and then go back to their computer and use Moto Maker. Fortunately, the whole process has now been streamlined. Customers can now purchase and design their new device from the comfort of their couch.
That’s not all. Motorola also announced today that it is now selling unlocked Moto X for $579. The unlocked version can be purchased straight from Motorola itself. The Moto X will soon become available from other carriers as well, Verizon has announced that it releases Moto X on August 29th. We’ve already put the Moto Maker through its paces and have designed a custom Moto X. If you plan on doing the same, do take a look at our guide on how to use the design studio to create your very own unique smartphone.
Next Story: Additional HTC One Max Specs Allegedly Leaked
- 2014-04-06: Leather Could Be An Option For Next-Gen Moto X [Rumor]
- 2014-04-06: Moto X Successor Might Be Called Moto X + 1
- 2014-04-01: Motorola Moto X Boot Animation Updated, Gets “Powered By Android”
- 2014-03-17: AT&T Moto X Android 4.4.2 KitKat Soak Test Kicks Off
- 2014-03-07: Motorola Moto X College Collection Launched
- 2013-09-25: Moto X Soak Test Invites Sent To AT&T Customers
- 2013-08-23: Moto X Now Available On AT&T Starting At $199