Earlier this month there was a bit of drama regarding Apple and the television show Breaking Bad, whereby one iTunes user sued Apple for false advertising where they had to basically pay twice to watch the last season of the television series. This is because of the way the show has been structured, with season 5 being broken into two parts, and because of this, Apple decided to sell both parts as two separate seasons. Well the good news is that if you thought Apple was just a faceless corporate entity trying to make as much money from you as possible, you might be wrong in this case as Apple has decided to refund customers who might have purchased the second half of season 5.
In an email sent out by Apple, “We apologize for any confusion the naming of “Season 5″ and “The Final Season” of Breaking Bad might have caused you. While the names of the seasons and episodes associated with them were not chosen by iTunes, we’d like to offer you “The Final Season” on us by providing you with the iTunes code below in the amount of $22.99.” Apple also notes that the credit can be used towards other purchases on the iTunes store if you decide to do so. Good on Apple, we guess.
Next Story: Arc Touch Mouse Surface Edition Announced
- 2014-04-03: Apple App Prices Raised Already By Up To 30% In Australia
- 2014-03-31: iTunes Radio Explicit Filter Not Quite Up To Scratch
- 2014-03-23: 2007 Pokemon Diamond and Pokemon Pearl OST Hits iTunes
- 2014-03-13: Apple Launches "Sharing Selfies" Section On iTunes App Store
- 2014-03-02: Apple Reportedly Pressuring Music Labels For Exclusive Releases