Today Apple has rolled out a content update over-the-air for the Apple TV set-top box. The update brings content from Major League Soccer and Disney Junior. Apple has been on a content binge lately, adding providers such as Vevo, WatchESPN, HBO-GO and more. This update comes a few days after Apple TV software update 6.0 was released, which brought a couple of new features such as Airplay from iCloud, iTunes Radio, etc.
Today’s update deals exclusively with content. The Major League Soccer app on Apple TV will let users watch free on-demand video highlights, view player profiles, game analysis as well as get advice for fantasy soccer. Full episodes of MLS 36 and MLS Insider will be available through the app as well, including videos created by individual soccer clubs. Latest league standings can also be viewed. Users with the $14.99 per month MLS Live subscription can also watch live streaming and archived versions of regular season games, though local and national blackout rules will apply. The Disney Junior channel is the third offering from Disney for the Apple TV. In order to watch content through this app, or any of the two other Disney apps, authentication through a participating cable provider is going to be required.
- 2014-04-23 Siri Might Find Its Way Into The New Apple TV
- 2014-04-21 Apple TV Gets Three New Channels Today
- 2014-04-20 First Generation Apple TV Facing Issues When Connecting To iTunes
- 2014-04-10 2014 Apple TV May Rely On Motion Control Technology
- 2014-04-08 New Apple Set-Top Box Hinted In Comcast/Time Warner Cable Filings