ASUS teased the world with its latest 8-second trailer, which was used to briefly introduce its PadFone Infinity. The teaser video shows the smartphone portion of the PadFone Infinity shooting out from its tablet, and that’s pretty much it. Today, ASUS has finally unveiled its PadFone Infinity and it looks to be a major improvement over the PadFone.
Just like the PadFone, the PadFone Infinity is another smartphone device that can be fused with a tablet through a special dock that can be accessed at the rear of the tablet. The PadFone Infinity features a 2.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 quad-core processor, a 5-inch 1920 x 1080 display, 2GB of RAM, 16GB or 32GB of internal storage, a microSD slot, a 13MP rear-facing camera, 2MP front-facing camera and a 2400mAh battery.
The Tablet Station which the PadFone Infinity can dock itself into features a 10.1-inch 1920 x 1200 IPS display, although its guts come directly from the smartphone itself, so it can’t be used as a standalone product.
As of now, the PadFone Infinity has been designed for use in European and Asian countries as it currently supports those wireless network. The PadFone Infinity itself sells for around $640 in Taiwan, while the tablet dock will cost around $240, although if you happen to own the tablet dock for the PadFone, you can simply throw in the PadFone Infinity and save yourself a couple of bucks.
- 2014-04-10: ASUS Transformer Book T100 Receives CPU Upgrade
- 2014-04-09: PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-03-27: AT&T Details ASUS PadFone X Specifications
- 2014-03-24: ASUS ZenFone 6, 5, And 4 To Be Released In April
- 2014-03-23: ASUS PadFone X Spotted At The FCC
- 2014-02-19: ASUS PadFone Infinity Lite Launched
- 2013-12-16: Asus PadFone X Running Android 4.4 Spotted In Benchmark
- 2013-12-10: ASUS PadFone Set To Arrive Stateside
- 2013-09-21: MeMOFone HD5 And PadFone Mini Confirmed By ASUS
- 2013-09-11: ASUS PadFone Infinity Teaser Video Released