BlackBerry CEO Thorsten Heins had said earlier this year that the company will release an “exciting new flagship.” Given the amount of recent leaks regarding an unreleased BB device, it is believed that he was referring to the company’s first ever phablet. Long associated with the A10 codename, it is now being rumored that the BlackBerry Z30 will be launched in Asia next week. The phablet is expected to make its way Stateside within 2-3 weeks after its initial launch.
Last week BlackBerry sent out invites to an event on September 18th, the event takes place in Malaysia. As per rumors, the company might finally unveil the Z30 at the event. A lot of pictures of the BlackBerry Z30 have already leaked online, according to rumors, it may have a 5 inch Super AMOLED display that touts a 1,280×768 pixel resolution. Under the hood, a 1.7GHz dualcore processor is expected alongside 2GB of RAM. The Z30 is also rumored to have Qi wireless charging, an 8 megapixel rear camera, 16GB internal memory with external expansion support via microSD card and a 2,880mAh battery. The device is said to ship with a leather backed case, when its front cover is flipped open, the device’s display will light up automatically. BlackBerry Z30 will be the company’s fourth BB10 powered device.
- 2014-04-16: BlackBerry 10.2.1 Software Update Hits Q10 And Z10
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry And NantHealth Team Up For Healthcare-Specific Smartphone
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry Will Shift Focus To High-End QWERTY Handsets
- 2014-04-14: BlackBerry Security Patches For iOS And Android BBM Apps To Prevent Heartbleed Exploits
- 2014-04-14: BlackBerry Pushing For Immediate Ban Of Typo Keyboard Sales
- 2013-12-22: AT&T Compatible BlackBerry Z30 Shows Up At The FCC
- 2013-10-28: Verizon BlackBerry Z30 Launches This November For $199 On Contract
- 2013-10-27: Verizon BlackBerry Z30 Render Leaked
- 2013-10-10: Rogers Decides To Sell The BlackBerry Z30 After All
- 2013-09-18: BlackBerry OS 10.2 Release To Take Place Next Month