Samsung unveiled the Galaxy Note 3 earlier this month at IFA 2013 in Berlin, and as usual with Samsung’s Galaxy Note devices, it was priced at a premium, unsurprising given the handset’s specs. However it seems that Samsung might have plans to launch an entry-level version of the Galaxy Note 3, making the phablet a much more accessible device to those who want a phablet but might not necessarily have the funds for it. According the report on ETNews, they claim that the device could be known as the Galaxy Note 3 DUOS and that the handset would sport an LCD screen, an 8MP camera, and a more plastic build which would reportedly save the company 20-30% in costs, which we guess would then be passed onto the consumer.
Apparently Samsung always had plans for an entry-level Galaxy Note 3 but were afraid that if they had launched it the same time as the Galaxy Note 3, it would tarnish the image of the device and ruin its premium status, not to mention make some customers hold out for the cheaper model instead and thus cannibalize sales. While Samsung has yet to confirm any of this, they have in the same created cheaper and smaller versions of their flagship phones, and the Samsung Galaxy S4 mini comes to mind. In any case the rumors are suggesting a November release, so we’ll keep our eyes peeled for more info. In the meantime what do you guys think of an entry-level Galaxy Note 3?
- 2014-04-13: Galaxy S5 Launch Day Sales Beat Galaxy S4 [Report]
- 2014-04-13: Android 4.4 For Galaxy S3 And Galaxy Note 2 Still On The Cards
- 2014-04-13: Google Executive Says No iPhone Features Were Copied For Android
- 2014-04-13: Samsung Galaxy S5 Root For T-Mobile And Sprint Variants Available
- 2014-04-11: Galaxy S5 PayPal Fingerprint Support Disabled By Verizon
- 2014-02-27: AT&T Galaxy Note 3 Android 4.4 KitKat Update Not Quite There Yet
- 2014-02-20: Sprint's Galaxy Note 3 Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update
- 2014-02-18: Galaxy Note 3 Receives Update That Fixes Third Party Accessories
- 2014-02-05: Samsung Wants Apple's Logo Hidden During The Olympics
- 2014-02-05: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Gets A Swarovski Makeover