Today is the day fans of Rockstar Games’ Grand Theft Auto series have been waiting for as Grand Theft Auto 5 is officially available for sale starting today. All over the world, select retailers held special midnight events for the title, although things may have gotten a little crazy at one particular EB Games store in Australia.
According to Reddit user mattwestcott, an EB Games retailer in Australia reportedly gave those who pre-ordered a copy of Grand Theft Auto 5 bags of fake drugs, which judging by how its looks, we could assume it was fake cocaine. The incident occurred during the store’s midnight launch of the game, and as you can see by the photo taken by mattwestcott, lines of fake cocaine and small baggies look to have been made available.
Fortunately, the EB Games retailer asked customers for their driver’s license or some other form of ID to prove their age before they were allowed to enter the store. According to EB Games’ head office, the incident seems to have been isolated as they were completely unaware of the store’s intentions. Let’s just hope those who were given those fake bags of cocaine didn’t attempt to use them for anything more than nostalgia.RELATED
- Sony Releases PS4 System Update 1.52 Today
- Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII Collector’s Edition Now Available
- Skyrim Mod Turns Dragons Into Thomas The Tank Engine Trains
- The Elder Scrolls Online Launches On PC, Mac On April 4, 2014
- Valve's Steam Mobile Receives iOS 7 Redesign, Other Improvements
- Follow: grand theft auto v, gta 5, rockstar games,
- Seen at: reddit