Today is the day fans of Rockstar Games’ Grand Theft Auto series have been waiting for as Grand Theft Auto 5 is officially available for sale starting today. All over the world, select retailers held special midnight events for the title, although things may have gotten a little crazy at one particular EB Games store in Australia.
According to Reddit user mattwestcott, an EB Games retailer in Australia reportedly gave those who pre-ordered a copy of Grand Theft Auto 5 bags of fake drugs, which judging by how its looks, we could assume it was fake cocaine. The incident occurred during the store’s midnight launch of the game, and as you can see by the photo taken by mattwestcott, lines of fake cocaine and small baggies look to have been made available.
Fortunately, the EB Games retailer asked customers for their driver’s license or some other form of ID to prove their age before they were allowed to enter the store. According to EB Games’ head office, the incident seems to have been isolated as they were completely unaware of the store’s intentions. Let’s just hope those who were given those fake bags of cocaine didn’t attempt to use them for anything more than nostalgia.
- 2014-04-08: Grand Theft Auto V On PC, Xbox One And PS4 This June (Rumor)
- 2014-03-18: GTA 5 For PC Beta Test Emails Are Fake And Contain Malware
- 2014-03-02: Skyfall Train Fight Scene Created In GTA 5
- 2014-02-27: Mobster's Daughter Alleges GTA 5 Used Her Story And Likeness Without Her Permission
- 2014-02-06: Rockstar Developer Tweets Hint At GTA 5 For The PC
- 2013-11-14: GTA Online Receiving Free 'Beach Bum' DLC Pack Nov. 19
- 2013-11-07: GTA Online Players Now Receiving $500k Stimulus Package
- 2013-10-30: Rockstar Rewarding Unique Selfies With GTA 5 #EpicPhotobomb Contest
- 2013-10-09: GTA 5 Patch 1.03 Available Today On PS3, Xbox 360
- 2013-10-07: GTA 5 Reviewed By Mother In Hilarious SNL Skit [Video]