As is with the case of most MMORPGs and games that require an internet connection, launch day is usually quite hectic and server issues are expected. Square Enix’s recent Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn was no exception and sales of digital copies were even halted to prevent the onslaught of new gamers that would ultimately overload the servers and create a bad experience for everyone. To that extent it seems that Square Enix has understood the plight of their gamers and has since announced that they will be extending the game’s free trial due to server congestion issues.
According to a post by Square Enix on the Final Fantasy XIV’s website, “All FINAL FANTASY XIV service accounts will receive an additional seven days of free play time. Furthermore, users who have yet to enter their registration codes will receive an additional seven-day trial should they register before 11:59 p.m. (PDT) on September 9, 2013.” So for gamers who have yet to get their hands on the game or would like a little more time with the game to see if they’d like to keep playing it, now’s your chance for an extended trial period, so what are you waiting for?
- 2014-04-11: Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn Allows PS3 Users To Upgrade For Free To PS4
- 2014-04-04: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Beta Phase 2 Launched
- 2014-04-01: Sony Japan To Get Limited Edition Final Fantasy XIV PS4 Bundle
- 2014-03-30: FF14's Producer Explains Why They Chose The Subscription Model
- 2014-03-21: Original Final Fantasy XIV's Downfall Was Due To Overly Designed Flowerpots (Amongst Other Things)
- 2014-02-24: Final Fantasy VII Remake Could Be A Possibility
- 2014-02-20: Future Final Fantasy Titles Could Arrive For PC
- 2013-11-18: Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Releasing March 18 On PS3
- 2013-11-07: Final Fantasy 14: Libra Eorzea Now Available For Android Devices