It was just last week that Rockstar finally released Grand Theft Auto 5 to the masses on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, which went on to earn $800 million in the first day, $1 billion in three days, and secured itself the number one spot on the UK charts. Now if you were looking for more features that could be introduced to the game, you might be in luck because thanks to a Redditor, he has found data which points towards the possibility that Rockstar might introduce microtransactions within the game at a future date.
For those unfamiliar, microtransactions are basically items/perks that gamers can purchase within a game using real money. For apps this would be known as in-app purchases. Some games, such as Team Fortress 2, have microtransactions where players can buy different hats for cosmetic purposes. Other games use microtransactions to allow players to advance quicker within the game, and also create a new form of revenue. There’s no telling if and when Rockstar will introduce it to the game, and for all we know it could have merely been an idea at one point in time that did not make the final cut, but what do you guys think? Would you like to see microtransactions make its way into GTA 5?
Next Story: Surface 2 With LTE SKU Coming In 2014
- 2014-04-08: Grand Theft Auto V On PC, Xbox One And PS4 This June (Rumor)
- 2014-03-18: GTA 5 For PC Beta Test Emails Are Fake And Contain Malware
- 2014-03-02: Skyfall Train Fight Scene Created In GTA 5
- 2014-02-27: Mobster's Daughter Alleges GTA 5 Used Her Story And Likeness Without Her Permission
- 2014-02-06: Rockstar Developer Tweets Hint At GTA 5 For The PC