Earlier this year it was expected that the HTC 8X on T-Mobile’s network would receive the Windows Phone GDR2 update come 22nd of July. Unfortunately the update did not fully materialize and it is possible that due to some complaints of users who did receive the update about how the phone became more unstable, that T-Mobile and HTC went back to the drawing board to clear up the issues before releasing it to the masses. Well the good news is that if you have been waiting for months for the long-overdue update, you’re in luck as T-Mobile and HTC have finally released the GDR2 update.
This is according to information posted on T-Mobile’s support forum which basically confirms the latest OS update as 10327, and its Baseband as 3030.0.33501.531. The update can downloaded OTA but due to its size, it would require users to be connected to a WiFi network. For those who have yet to receive the notification that a new update is available, you can try checking your phone manually but going to Settings > Phone Update to see if there are any updates available. So T-Mobile HTC 8X owners, how’s the latest GDR2 update treating you?
- 2014-04-14: T-Mobile Abolishes Consumer Overages
- 2014-04-14: T-Mobile CEO Reveals Gold Samsung Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-13: Nokia Monarch Could Be T-Mobile's Lumia 635
- 2014-04-11: T-Mobile Offering BlackBerry Users $200 To "Upgrade" To Samsung
- 2014-04-10: T-Mobile Announces Operation Tablet Freedom
- 2013-07-19: T-Mobile's HTC 8X Will Receive GDR2 Update 22nd July
- 2012-12-20: T-Mobile Pushes Out Windows Phone 8 Portico For HTC 8X
- 2012-12-20: T-Mobile pulls plug on HTC 8X Windows Phone update