The official Twitter app optimized for Android tablets has leaked out. At Samsung’s Unpacked event in Berlin, quite a few people spotted the new Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet running a tablet optimized version of the official Twitter app. It isn’t available to the public as yet, however the apk file has been leaked, which can be used by anyone willing to test the app out on their Android tablets. At first glance, one can notice that the app’s user interface is quite similar to the one that Twitter rolled out for its iPad app over a year ago.
While the apk is available online for anyone who wishes to try it out, the app might not offer a smooth user experience for Android tablets out there. However, it does confirm one thing though. Twitter may finally be seriously working on releasing an official client that is optimized for Android tablets. The Google Play Store may be filled with a great amount of apps, not a lot of them are optimized for Android tablets. Those who are willing to try out the app can download it from the source link below. Though keep in mind that its not an official release, Twitter hasn’t said as yet when it plans on officially releasing the app for Android tablets.
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Madison For Android Declares War On In-App Advertisements
- 2014-04-17: Flickr 3.0 Brings Filters, Editing Tools And More
- 2014-04-16: Possible Redesigned Google+ App For Android Spotted
- 2014-04-15: Google Glass Android 4.4 KitKat Update Arrives
- 2014-03-17: Twitter Testing New 'Fave People' Timeline
- 2014-03-06: Google Play Store Birthday Sale Goes Live
- 2013-12-11: Androidify App Revamped Ahead Of The Holidays
- 2013-12-10: Google Play Store Game Categories To Be Expanded In February
- 2013-04-03: Twitter For Android Version 4.0 Released With New Look And Feel