Over at CEDIA 2013, the folks at LG have dropped some announcements concerning their Ultra HD TV range. Firstly, there will be a couple of new edge LED lit LCD TVs that will be part of the LG make up, where the more affordable models which were introduced in South Korea back in August are finally about to arrive Stateside later this month. There is the 65-inch LG LA9650 which will feature a $5,000 price tag, and for those who are feeling the pinch when it comes to their pockets and yet still want something worthy to reside in their respective living rooms, the 55-inch model will retail for a mere $3,500, now how about that?
The new LG TVs will also feature what LG calls the “Sound Plate“, something that they first paraded over at IFA 2013 earlier this year. There is no word on pricing or the exact release date just yet, but we do have expectations for it to arrive sometime in the fourth quarter of the year. Other than the new TVs, LG has also decided to lower the prices of their current TV range, where the higher end LA9700 models that come in similar sizes will see prices plummet to $6,500 and $4,500. Heck, if you have always kept an eye on the 55-inch curved OLED TV, that model too, will be easier on your pockets by about $4,000 with a recommended retail price of $10,000 now.
- 2014-04-15: LG G3 Japanese Market Variant Presumably Leaked Online
- 2014-04-15: LG G3 Rumored For June Announcement, July Release
- 2014-04-13: LG G3 Photo Confirms 2560x1440 Resolution [Exclusive]
- 2014-04-11: Alleged LG G3 Specs Revealed In User Agent Profile [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: LG Odin Processor Expected To Enter Mass Production 'Soon'
- 2014-03-10: LG 2014 TV Lineup Introduced In South Korea
- 2013-08-12: LG Launches New LCD TV Styled As A CRT From The '70s
- 2013-06-19: LG Launches 29-Inch All-In-One PC With 21:9 Aspect Ratio, TV Tuner
- 2013-03-07: LG's 55" OLED TV Will Be Arriving In The UK For £10,000
- 2013-02-27: LG webOS-Powered TVs Expected In Early 2014