One of the great things about indie games is that people, for the most part, do not have much expectations going in which leads to pretty pleasant surprises, or nasty shocks. In any case if you’re a fan of indie games and you’re looking forward to the next big thing on the Xbox One, it looks like you will have to wait at least until 2014 before you see any indie titles published for the console. This is according to Microsoft’s corporate vice president, Phil Harrison, who spoke to the folks at Games Industry International.
According to Harrison, Microsoft has received hundreds of applications but at the same time is realistic that they will not see any of the titles launch alongside the console in November. “I don’t think it’s realistic to see a developer get the program and build a game and get it into the market on November 22 [...] It’s reasonable to expect in early 2014 we’ll start seeing the first games come through.” So there you have it, if you’re looking to play some non-mainstream titles on your brand new Xbox One, you’ll be in for a wait, but who knows, perhaps the wait could be worth it.
Next Story: GTA 5 Could Get Microtransactions
- 2014-04-15: Microsoft To Open 11 More Specialty Retail Stores In The US
- 2014-04-15: Clippy Lives On As Cortana Easter Egg In Windows Phone 8.1
- 2014-04-15: Office 365 Personal Makes It Cheaper To Unlock All Features On iPad
- 2014-04-15: WP 8.1 GDR2 Update Could Support 2K Displays And Snapdragon 805 [Rumor]
- 2014-04-14: Microsoft Is "Done" With The Scroogled Campaign
- 2014-04-07: Xbox One YouTube App Will Now Support Uploads
- 2014-04-07: Xbox One Original Shows To Feature Interactive Elements
- 2014-04-06: Microsoft Reportedly Working On New Xbox One Controller Update
- 2014-04-06: Support For Xbox One External Game Storage Coming Soon
- 2014-04-04: Xbox One Security Flaw Discovered By 5-Year Old