Microsoft is already running a promotion in which it offering people who trade-in their iPads a gift card worth a minimum of $200. It was recently rumored that the company will kick off a similar promotion for the iPhone, giving people gift cards worth a couple of hundred bucks in exchange for their old iPhone. This promotion is now live and will run until November 3rd at Microsoft Stores across the U.S. An old iPhone 4S or iPhone 5 can be traded for a gift card worth a minimum of $200. The gift card can be put towards the purchase of a new Windows Phone at Microsoft Store, though there’s no compulsion. Customers can put the gift cards towards other purchases as well from the store.
The $200 gift card is the bare minimum that Microsoft is willing to give for an old iPhone. If the device is in better condition, it will offer a gift card of greater value. Rumor has it that Microsoft can go as high as $350 for an old iPhone. The promotion runs close to the holiday season during which many customers tend to upgrade their phones. Microsoft’s definitely giving an incentive to the subset of people who’re looking to switch from an iPhone to a Windows Phone device. If you’re one of those people, then you should certainly check this deal out.
- 2014-04-15: Clippy Lives On As Cortana Easter Egg In Windows Phone 8.1
- 2014-04-15: Office 365 Personal Makes It Cheaper To Unlock All Features On iPad
- 2014-04-15: WP 8.1 GDR2 Update Could Support 2K Displays And Snapdragon 805 [Rumor]
- 2014-04-14: Microsoft Is "Done" With The Scroogled Campaign
- 2014-04-14: 21% Of Windows XP Users Weren't Aware Of Support Cutoff [Survey]
- 2014-04-14: Windows Phone 8.1 Preview Version Revealed
- 2014-04-14: Windows Phone 8.1 Developer Preview Could Be Released Today [Rumor]
- 2013-03-27: Microsoft Claims Windows Phone Outsells iPhone And Blackberry In Certain Regions
- 2012-05-18: Windows Phone marketshare has reportedly overtaken the iPhone in China