We know that BBM for iOS and Android will be arriving and not too long ago the app was demonstrated live during the Toronto International Film Festival, and according to BlackBerry, the app has been submitted at least to Apple’s iTunes App Store about two weeks ago, suggesting that it won’t be long before we see its actual release. In the meantime it looks like Samsung has decided to keep up their advertising efforts of BlackBerry’s BBM app that will be arriving on Android (and thus Galaxy smartphone) devices as you can see in the screenshot above.
This is actually not the first time that we’ve seen Samsung advertise the app and it is probably due to their partnership where BBM will come preloaded on Android phones, although in the past Samsung Ghana did take down their ads, presumably because it might have been a little premature. In any case there’s still no specific release date for BBM, but BlackBerry did state in the past that they planned to release it by the end of summer. We’re not sure how successful the app will be given that there are a ton of other messaging apps out there that already allow for cross-platform messaging, such as WhatsApp, Skype, LINE, Viber, and etc. just to name a few. We’ll keep our eyes peeled so check back with us at a later date for the details.
- 2014-04-04: BBM Stickers Selling Pretty Well On iOS Devices
- 2014-04-01: New BBM Update With Stickers And More Released
- 2014-03-30: BBM For Windows Phone Coming In Q2
- 2014-03-28: BlackBerry Boasts 85 Million Monthly Active BBM Users
- 2014-03-28: BlackBerry Could Consider Bringing BBM To Desktops
- 2014-03-18: Talk2Watch Pro Brings BBM Notifications Onto Pebble
- 2014-03-09: Customizable BBM PINs Could Be A Paid Feature
- 2014-03-06: BBM PINs Could Be Customizable In The Future