Just a couple of weeks ago at IFA 2013 in Berlin, Sony took the wraps off the Xperia Z1. The device was essentially an upgraded version of the Xperia Z1, although one of the key features of the phone would be its 20MP camera and lens which would allow it to compete against the likes of the Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom and the Nokia Lumia 1020. Interestingly enough it seems that thanks to a leaked image, it has been suggested that Sony could already be working on the Sony Xperia Z2 handset, and according to the leaker, the Xperia Z2 could even make its debut at CES 2014 which is odd given that the handset was only just revealed.
Of course since this image hardly confirms anything and could easily be a fake for all we know, do take it with a grain of salt for now. However for those interested in the device, the rumors are saying that the Xperia Z2 would sport a much thinner body compared to its predecessor (which is pretty thin as it is), a 5.2” 500PPI display, a quad-core Snapdragon 800 chipset with 3GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and a 20.7MP camera. It sounds like it could be quite a powerful device but what do you guys think? Is the image above a fake or do you think Sony could already be prepping the Xperia Z2?
Next Story: Alleged Nexus 5 Press Rendering Surfaces
- 2014-04-11: Sony Vaio Fit 11A Recall Because Of Battery Overheating Risk
- 2014-04-11: Sony Unveils H1Z1, Upcoming Zombie MMO Title
- 2014-04-10: Sony A7s Priced In The UK At £2,500 Body-Only
- 2014-04-08: Improved PS Vita In Borderlands 2 Bundle Hits The US This May 6
- 2014-04-08: DxoMark Finds Sony Xperia Z2 To Have The Best Camera At The Moment
- 2014-03-10: Sony Xperia Z2's Stereo Speakers Compared Against The Xperia Z1
- 2014-01-30: Sony Xperia Z1 And Xperia Z Ultra Gets Software Update
- 2014-01-20: Sony Sirius Compared With Xperia Z1 Side By Side
- 2014-01-14: Sony Xperia Z1 Users Complain Of Their Phones Warping
- 2013-12-16: Xperia Z1 Launched In China As The L39t