Microsoft’s Surface tablets haven’t exactly proved to be a hit. They ended up costing the company almost $900 million. Over the last few weeks we saw Microsoft offer a number of discounts for its tablets, one reason for the discounts is that the company wants to sell more tablets, the other is that they’re clearing inventory and making way for the new Surface tablets. Rumor has it that the Surface Pro 2 will have Intel’s latest Haswell based processor, more RAM and a refined kickstand.
According to Neowin, the Surface Pro 2 will be powered by a Haswell based Core i5 processor, RAM is expected to be doubled from the existing 4GB to 8GB. No design changes are rumored, it is expected to look identical to the current Surface Pro. The kickstand refinement hasn’t been elaborated upon. The Haswell processor seems like a logical choice, given how it will help boost the battery life. The existing Surface Pro doesn’t offer an impressive battery life, its definitely a shortcoming that needs to be fixed. There have been no rumors of the launch window as yet. As far as pricing is concerned, it is believed that there won’t be much change. According to previous rumors, the new Surface tablets might be released later this year.RELATED
- iPads Still Popular Amongst Enterprise Users
- Samsung Reportedly Working On Flexible Tablet Displays With Stylus Support
- Luna Delivery Service Will Deliver Packages At Night When You're Actually Home
- iPad Air Leads Tablets During Holiday Weekend
- Applebee's Installing Nearly 100,000 Tablets On Its Tables In 2014
- Follow: Microsoft, Surface, Surface Pro 2,