In less than a week the new Apple iPhones will be launched in ten select markets. All four major U.S. carriers will offer the new smartphones on launch day, T-Mobile is one of those carriers. The carrier apparently cut prices of older iPhones quietly last week as it looks to clear inventory ahead of the launch. The 16GB iPhone 5 price has dropped from $149.99 upfront and 24 equal monthly payments of $21 to $99.99 upfront and monthly payments of $18.75. Given that the iPhone 5C replaces last year’s flagship in Apple’s smartphone lineup, the company has officially discontinued the iPhone 5.
The carrier is also offering an overall price cut of $100 on both the 32GB and 64GB iPhone 5 models. iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S were sold by T-Mobile in locations where its HSPA+ service was available, it is expected that T-Mobile might further slash their prices in order to move more inventory out the door. As previously mentioned, the new iPhones will be launched on T-Mobile come September 20th. The iPhone 5C won’t require an upfront payment, will customers will have to make 24 equal monthly payments of $22 for the 16GB variant. The iPhone 5S is being offered for $99 upfront and 24 equal monthly payments of $22.91 for the 16GB variant as well. [Image via TmoNews]RELATED
- Walmart To Sell iPhone 5s And iPhone 5c With No Contract Plans
- Apple Including U.S. In '12 Days Of Gifts' Giveaway App
- iPhone 5S Supply Has Caught Up With Demand [Analyst]
- China Mobile iPhone Pre-orders Reportedly Going Live This Thursday
- Razer Kazuyo iPhone Gamepad Leaked
- Follow: iPhone 5C, iPhone 5S, t-mobile,