Only recently Nokia revealed that it is going to conduct an event on October 22nd. The company is expected to unveil as many as six new devices at that event, one of those devices is said to be a Windows Phone 8 powered phablet called Nokia Lumia 1520. Both AT&T and Verizon are rumored to carry it when it launches. An alleged press rendering of the Verizon Nokia Lumia 929, that’s what the phablet is believed to be called on the Big Red, has already been leaked. According to a new rumor, it is possible that the Verizon variant might launch on November 6th.
It is also said that Verizon will only offer the Lumia 929 in black and white, when the device becomes available in its retail stores on November 6th. This is a move away from tradition for Nokia which has offered its Lumia devices in a wide variety of colors. A major difference between the Lumia 929 and Lumia 1520 is said to be the display size, Verizon’s variant is said to have a 5 inch full HD 1080p display as opposed to the 6 inch display the AT&T and international/unbranded version will have. Other specifications are said to remain the same, such as the Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor. Verizon will reportedly sell the Lumia 929 for $499.99 up front, without a two year contract.
Next Story: iPhone 5s In-Store Pick Up Service Is Back
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2014-04-14: Verizon More Everything Plan Now Offer Greater Savings
- 2014-04-13: TWRP Recovery For HTC One M8 On Verizon Released
- 2014-04-11: Galaxy S5 PayPal Fingerprint Support Disabled By Verizon
- 2014-04-10: Verizon Strikes Back With Free Tablet Data Offer
- 2013-12-18: Verizon Lumia 929 Might Have Been Delayed Until February
- 2013-12-16: Nokia Lumia Icon For Verizon Rumored For 16th January Release
- 2013-12-16: Verizon's Lumia 929 Could Be Known As "Lumia Icon"
- 2013-11-30: White Nokia Lumia 929 For Verizon Leaked
- 2013-11-04: Verizon Exclusive Lumia 929 Leaked In All Its Glory