Verizon Wireless is one of the four major US carriers who have jumped off the blocks to introduce the recently unveiled Samsung Galaxy Note 3 as well as Samsung Galaxy Gear smartwatch, and they have gone ahead of the competition by announcing that they will be accepting pre-orders for both devices this coming Friday, September 6th, from 9am onwards. While we do not have any idea as to how much the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 will cost from Verizon Wireless, at least we have additional intelligence concerning the Samsung Galaxy Gear smartwatch that will retail for $299 a pop.
This particular smartwatch will hook up to your smartphone using Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity, which means carriers will most probably skip on offering a data plan for the timekeeping device. Expect the Samsung Galaxy Gear smartwatch to roll out sometime later this month in select markets, before arriving in the US and Japan later next month. As for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3, we do know that it will roll out in 140 countries this coming September 25th, followed by a debut later this year (at an unknown date at the moment) in the U.S. via Verizon, Sprint, AT&T, T-Mobile and U.S. Cellular. Will you pick up the Galaxy Gear smartwatch when it arrives?
Next Story: Panasonic Smart VIERA WT600 Is Now Official
- 2014-04-11: Galaxy S5 PayPal Fingerprint Support Disabled By Verizon
- 2014-04-10: Verizon Strikes Back With Free Tablet Data Offer
- 2014-04-07: Verizon To Purchase Cincinnati Bell's Spectrum And Wireless Infrastructure
- 2014-04-07: Verizon HTC One Max Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-06: Kyocera Brigadier Tipped For Verizon
- 2014-01-22: Rose Gold Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Makes Its Way To Verizon
- 2013-12-15: Verizon Galaxy S4 Mini Now Supports Galaxy Gear
- 2013-12-10: Verizon Galaxy Note 3 OTA Update Rolling Out
- 2013-11-07: Verizon Galaxy Note 3 Receives Update That Address Sound Quality And Connectivity Issues
- 2013-10-11: Galaxy Note 3 Developer Edition “Coming Soon”