Earlier Nokia had decided to poke fun at the new iPhone 5C with a hilarious photo of their own, and now Microsoft has decided to say something about the iPhone 5S as well. In a tweet by the official Windows Phone Twitter account, Microsoft announced their own “5S”, which according to the tweet stood for “screen sizes, speed, and stunning snapshots.” Granted Microsoft’s Windows Phone devices typically sport larger displays compared to the iPhone, especially with the upcoming Nokia Lumia 1520 which is Nokia’s attempt at a Windows Phone phablet, but as for speed and “stunning snapshots”, we guess those are a matter of opinion.
— Windows Phone (@windowsphone) September 10, 2013
Windows Phone is a slick operating system and they do have phones like the Lumia 1020 that sports an impressive camera, but for the most part megapixels are used mostly for marketing purposes and do not necessary guarantee a beautiful photo. However with the iPhone 5S’ camera yet to be put to the test, perhaps Microsoft is getting ahead of themselves, but admittedly it is still a pretty clever ad. What do you guys think? These clever little jabs are a lot more entertaining compared to lawsuits, don’t you agree?
- 2014-04-18: WhatsApp Beta For Windows Phone Reportedly Blocking SD Card Installation
- 2014-04-17: Cortana Is Off-Limits To Users Aged Below 13 Years Old
- 2014-04-17: Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-16: Users Report Cortana Having Problems Setting Alarms
- 2014-04-15: Halo: Spartan Assault Kicks Off Universal Windows Games
- 2014-04-15: WP 8.1 GDR2 Update Could Support 2K Displays And Snapdragon 805 [Rumor]