With OS X Mavericks being rolled out to the masses, there are probably still Mac users running on much older versions of Mac computers, meaning that their devices might not be eligible for an upgrade to Mavericks. What this means is that they will either have to turn to OS X Lion or OS X Mountain Lion, but unfortunately both OS X Lion and Mountain Lion have since been removed from the Mac App Store. Well the good news is that if you wanted to upgrade to either operating system, Apple has since put both versions in their online store for purchase at $19.99 per copy.
For those hoping for a physical disc of the operating system, you’d be out of luck as both OS X Lion and Mountain Lion will be available as a digital download. By purchasing the software via Apple’s online store, you will then be presented with a redemption code which you can then use in the Mac App Store to begin your download. Offering OS X Lion makes sense for older Mac computers that cannot be updated to OS X Mountain Lion, but it’s a bit odd that Mountain Lion is being offered given that most Mountain Lion Mac computers can run OS X Mavericks, but we guess there are some who might prefer Mountain Lion over Mavericks. Either way if you’d like to get your hands on the software, hit up Apple’s online store for the download: OS X Lion / OS X Mountain Lion.
Next Story: Mac App Store Bug Might Not Be A Bug After All
- 2012-09-11 OS X 10.8.2 will return MacBook battery life back to OS X Lion levels
- 2012-08-09 OS X Mountain Lion reportedly draining MacBook batteries faster than its predecessor
- 2012-07-25 Demo Mac units at Apple's retail stores might not be running OS X Mountain Lion due to some hiccups
- 2012-07-23 OS X Mountain Lion seeded to Apple Care reps ahead of launch, 25th of July release looking more certain
- 2012-07-16 Apple to release OS X Mountain Lion on the 25th of July?
- 2012-04-19 Apple Gives Away Snow Leopard for MobileMe Users to Get Onto iCloud
- 2011-11-11 Mac OS X Lion adoption seems to have plateaued according to report
- 2011-09-15 iMessage coming to OS X Lion?