The Windows Phone GDR3 update has been slowly but surely making its way around the world and has been arriving on international versions of the HTC 8X handset. Well the good news is that if you’re an AT&T subscriber with the HTC 8X, you’re in luck because it seems that the update has begun to roll out for your device. Given that updates usually need to be carrier-approved first before being pushed out, we guess this is pretty fast considering the international roll out begun not too long ago.
HTC 8X users will just need to check to see if they have gotten the Update 3 notification, and if you haven’t fret not because presumably the update is being pushed out in batches, so your turn should come pretty soon. The update should bump your operating system to 8.0.10501.127, so if you already have that version, you’re already running the latest update. While the update will not magically turn your HTC 8X into a Full HD, quad-core beast of a smartphone, it will come with a variety of improves and fixes, such as driving mode and custom ringtones to name a few. If you have received the update, hit us up in the comments below to let us know how it is treating you!
- 2013-10-30 GDR3 Update For HTC 8X And 8XT Allows For Charging While Device Is Off
- 2013-09-09 Vodafone Australia HTC 8X Owners Will Skip GDR2 Update In Favor Of GDR3
- 2013-09-04 HTC 8X On T-Mobile Receiving Windows Phone GDR2 Update
- 2013-08-28 Verizon's HTC 8X Could Be Getting Windows Phone GDR2 Update Soon
- 2013-08-28 Nokia Pro Camera App Gets Ported Onto The HTC 8X