We reported earlier this week AT&T subscribers who own an HTC One will be able to get in on the Android 4.3 bandwagon starting on October 8, according to HTC America’s president Jason Mackenzie. It looks like both companies are sticking to their word as Mackenzie announced late yesterday the rollout officially started, meaning you should probably check your HTC One to see if the update has been made available to you.
If you just looked at your HTC One and have returned here thinking “What gives? I don’t see an update yet, you liar!”, then allow me to remind you that you can also manually check to see if the update is available by making your way to the AT&T Software Update section of your phone, to then choose “Check for Updates.” If your update is available, you should first apologize for calling me a liar and then proceed to update your HTC One, which will restart once the update is complete.
The Android 4.3 update brings with it several improvements to the HTC One on AT&T, such as the addition of more popular settings being available in the device’s notification bar, the addition of widgets to the lock screen and Instagram support within HTC BlinkFeed.
- 2014-04-22: HTC Might Be Interested In Nokia's Chennai Factory
- 2014-04-21: HTC One M8 Mini Rumored For Verizon Release
- 2014-04-21: Samsung Galaxy S4 Outsold HTC One 4:1
- 2014-04-21: HTC Could Deliver Nexus 8 (Rumor)
- 2014-04-20: HTC Hires Former Samsung Marketing Guru
- 2014-02-23: HTC One For AT&T Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update
- 2013-10-07: AT&T HTC One Receiving Android 4.3 Update October 8
- 2013-05-01: Ubergizmo Giveaway: AT&T HTC One 32GB
- 2013-04-21: 64GB HTC One In Black Arrives On AT&T And Sprint Websites
- 2013-04-19: HTC One Now Available On AT&T, Sprint Starting At $199