Halloween is today around the world, meaning there are millions of children walking the streets of their neighborhood looking for some free candy in exchange for dressing up in costumes. Halloween is also a time where people appreciate a good scary movie as there’s no better time to have the bejesus scared out of you than this time of year. If you use Bing for all of your searching needs, you probably noticed they have made over their homepage to pay homage to a wide variety of horror films.
If you visit Bing, you’ll be met with quite the scary scene as you’ll be able to interact with its homepage. The various interactions will deliver some iconic scary scenes from some notable horror films, such as Poltergeist, The Shining, Friday the 13th and Halloween. The homages are very well done as you’ll first click on a portion of the screen, view the short homage, and then be shown an arrow which will give you the Bing search result for that film.
We’re sure horror movie fans will appreciate Bing’s decorations for its homepage, although once you spent about 5 minutes with it, there’s really nothing else you can do with the page except for play the vignette over and over again.
- 2014-04-10: Microsoft Updates Bing Windows Phone Apps, Removes "Bing" From Their Titles, Too
- 2014-04-08: Bing Flight Price Predictor Shuts Down
- 2014-03-19: Bing Shows Off Travel Time And Mileage For Driving Directions
- 2014-03-13: Bing Image Match Announced
- 2014-03-04: Bing Saves Public Beta Launched
- 2014-02-27: Windows 8.1 With Bing Could Be Attempt At Free Windows Offer