We’ve heard about how smartwatches like the Samsung Galaxy Gear will play nice with your mobile phone, but if you wanted something more integrated, Bissol has a pair of watches called the Calibre 2000 and Calibre 788 that will literally integrate itself with your mobile device. Unfortunately if you were after all that hi-tech wizardry and have the ability to check your emails and messages, Bissol’s offering does not provide that, but if you wanted something a little more classy, then this could be worth checking out. As you can see in the image above, Bissol’s Calibre offering is basically a little add-on for the iPhone 5 and iPhone 5s, where you will be able to attach an actual working watch featuring Swiss movement to the bottom part of your iPhone device.
The mechanics of the watch have since been exposed and was designed to combine the intricacies of watchmaking along with modern technology, which we have to say they did a good job of doing so. They will come in colors that have been anodized to match the iPhone’s colors so it won’t look too out of place. We’re not sure if these are more novel than functional, but they do not come cheap as the Calibre 2000 is reportedly priced at $1,500.
- 2014-04-15: Apple Participates In Smartphone Anti-Theft Voluntary Program
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Batteries Spotted On Production Tray
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Front Panel Photo Surfaces
- 2014-04-14: More Alleged iPhone 6 Molds Surface, Hints At 4.7-inch Display
- 2014-04-14: In-House iPhone Baseband Chip Development 'Herculean' Task [Analyst]