Assuming you are still using a BlackBerry device which runs on the latest BlackBerry OS 10 version, here is some news for you which might just perk up your Wednesday evening. BlackBerry has recently announced the rollout schedule of its upcoming OS 10.2 firmware update, where both the BlackBerry Z10 as well as BlackBerry Q10 and Q5 will be devices that are eligible for the upgrade, although one must take note that the BlackBerry Z30 will be ready to run on BlackBerry OS 10.2 right out of the box.
Just what kind of changes will the BlackBerry 10.2 update bring to the table? For starters, there will be a new Priority Hub, BBM Video with Natural Sound feature, messages preview from any app, a better keyboard, easier sharing options, lockscreen notifications, better calendar and and the ability to reject a call with the SMS/BBM option.
BlackBerry OS 10.2 will launch for the above mentioned BlackBerry smartphones in Africa, Asia Pacific, Canada, Europe and the Middle East sometime this week, while those who reside in Latin America will only be getting theirs in November, with folks in the US receiving theirs only at the beginning of winter. Needless to say, the update rollout also greatly depends on whether you happen to carry an unlocked SIM-free or carrier-locked device. [Press Release]RELATED
- Sony Xperia ZL Android 4.3 Update Screenshots Leaked
- Samsung Apparently Tried To Cover Up An Incident Of Galaxy S4 Catching Fire
- Motorola's Modular Phone Prototype "Pretty Close" To Being Ready
- Android Screen Mirroring To Chromecast Might Be Coming Soon
- Facebook Videos Will Now Autoplay On Mobile
- Follow: blackberry, blackberry os,