Recently we reported that Google is believed to be involved in the construction on top of a mysterious barge that is docked at Treasure Island, San Francisco. There are a number of theories out there with regards to this structure, some believe its a floating data center, while others claim its actually a “floating marketing center” for Google Glass. According to new reports, Google apparently has both coasts covered, as a mysterious four-story barge docked at Portland Harbor is now being linked to the internet search giant.
This barge was first seen in Portland on October 11th. A local company, Cianbro, has been tasked with carrying out interior and electronics work on the barge. The company isn’t authorized to name its client or detail the work its doing. There’s speculation that the barge’s final destination is actually outside Maine, and that its just docking in Portland Harbor until the works are taken care of. Up till now, Google has not clarified if its involved with these mysterious barges, and even if it is, what is it going to use the floating structures for. A spokesman for the Portland Coast Guard says that they know what’s inside the structure, which is following all regulations and is “not a threat” to public safety in Portland. [Image via Business Insider]
Next Story: Nexus 5 Unboxed Image Leaks
- 2014-04-21: Nest Thermostat Briefly Spotted On Google Play
- 2014-04-21: Flippypad Concept Shows How Project Ara As A Handheld Gaming Console
- 2014-04-21: Leaked Android Dialer App Screenshot Shows Slight Makeover
- 2014-04-21: Google Reportedly Working On Stronger End-To-End Encryption For Gmail
- 2014-04-21: HTC Could Deliver Nexus 8 (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17: Home Try-On Program For Google Glass Launched
- 2014-04-15: Buy Google Glass Today In The U.S.
- 2014-04-13: Surgeon Finds Google Glass Indispensable In His Work
- 2014-04-10: 72 Percent Of People Surveyed Against Google Glass Due To Privacy
- 2014-04-10: Google May Allow Anyone To Buy Glass For One Day