When Apple introduced its iPhone 5S, they certainly made a bold statement by including a fingerprint scanner on their smartphone as a way to make it more secure from those who shouldn’t be using the device. Now it looks like other smartphone manufacturers might be following suit as HTC is rumored to be including a fingerprint scanner onto their HTC One Max.
The rumor of the HTC One Max possibly featuring a fingerprint scanner is originating from some newly leaked images of the device that suggests a scanner might be included onto the upcoming phablet. The leaked images popped up on Chinese social network Sina Weibo and show the HTC One Max’s back is removed to show what appears to be a fingerprint scanner sitting between the SIM slot and camera module.
If this rumor turns out to be true, it’d be interested to see why HTC decided to include the fingerprint scanner at the rear of the device underneath the camera. This would lead us to believe HTC wouldn’t be looking to scan the thumbs of its users, instead opting to go for a forefinger scanner, which we’re hoping would be easy to access or it could make reading them a real chore.
- 2014-04-18: HTC: Optical Zoom On Phone Cameras 18 Months Away
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Sense 6 Gets Ported Onto Nexus 5
- 2014-04-14: Sense 6.0 Arriving On HTC One By End Of May
- 2014-04-08: HTC One Review (M8)
- 2013-12-29: HTC And LG Expected To Use Sapphire In Next Year's Flagship Smartphones
- 2013-11-27: HTC One Max Review
- 2013-11-13: HTC One Max Release Date Pegged For November 15 On Sprint
- 2013-10-23: HTC One Max Passes Through FCC With Sprint LTE Bands
- 2013-10-17: HTC One Max Will Not Be Headed To Canada