Apple unveiled the new iPhones last month. Ten days after the announcement, it released the iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c in a number of select markets around the globe. The U.S. was obviously one of those markets. Lines had started forming up outside Apple Retail Stores days before the actual release, it became evident that significant consumer demand existed for Apple’s newest smartphones. The Samsung Galaxy S4 was the top selling smartphone in the U.S. prior to the launch of the new iPhones. It has been dethroned by the iPhone 5s in September, says research firm Canaccord Genuity. The iPhone 5s is now said to be the top selling smartphone on Verizon, AT&T, Sprint and T-Mobile last month.
Canaccord doesn’t mention in the report exactly how many units have been sold on all four carriers, it says that the Galaxy S4 has now been pushed down to the second slot. On some carriers, it also appeared to be in third place. The firm claims that iPhone 5s is seeing “strong sales,” same has been said for its younger sibling, the iPhone 5c. During the last quarter of this year, Apple might end up moving 52 million iPhones around the world, Canaccord believes. Sales are expected to retain momentum over the following weeks, given that the holiday shopping season is just around the corner.
- 2014-04-22 iOS 7.1.1 Update Brings Touch ID Improvements
- 2014-04-17 Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-15 Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-03 Galaxy S5 Versus iPhone 5s In Biometrics Test
- 2014-03-17 Asphaleia Jailbreak Tweak Lets You Use Touch ID To Protect Your Apps
- 2014-03-13 iPhone 5c's Disappointing Performance Seen In China As Well
- 2014-03-09 iPhone 5s Continues To Grow As iPhone 5c Lags Behind
- 2014-03-03 iPhone 5s Retains Consumer Interest As iPhone 5c Struggles
- 2014-01-29 iOS 7.0.5 For iPhone 5s And iPhone 5c Released
- 2014-01-27 Unlocked iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c Sale From Virgin Mobile