Whether you like it or not, the Nintendo 2DS is here to make a statement to the gaming world that Nintendo apparently knows exactly what it’s doing with its hardware. The controversial handheld released on October 12, the same day Pokemon X & Y was released, and today, we’re hearing of a brand-new version of the Nintendo 2DS is expected to hit the market very soon.
According to photos obtained by Kotaku, a Luigi-themed Nintendo 2DS system may be headed to retail in the near future. The Nintendo 2DS system has seems to be inspired by Luigi as its color scheme is greens and white and even has a silhouette on the rear of the device of the famous second Mario brother. The box doesn’t seem to show off any bundled games, so it looks like the Luigi-themed Nintendo 2DS could just be a standalone product.
As you’d expect from a leak like this, there’s no information as to if or when we could expect it to be released in the U.S., especially since a Luigi-themed Nintendo 3DS was only released in Japan back in July. There’s been no word from Nintendo regarding this possible leak of an upcoming Luigi-themed Nintendo 2DS, but we’ll be sure to let you know if and when the device will be released and where it’ll be headed to.RELATED
- Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes Releasing March 18
- Donkey Kong Projected Onto A Wedding Cake Is Completely Playable
- Titanfall Debuts Ogre, Stryder Titan Classes In New Trailers
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze Releasing Feb. 21 With Playable Cranky
- Telltale Games Announces 'Tales From The Borderlands' Episodic Game
- Follow: nintendo, Nintendo 2DS,
- Seen at: kotaku