We have seen purported press renders as well as leaked images of the Nokia Lumia 1520 in recent memory, but enough about photos already. What would be more interesting would be the “meat” of the issue, which would mean the hardware specifications that might be a whole lot more interesting that just some pretty photos shot on the sly. Well, while we already know a fair amount about the Nokia Lumia 1520 such as a 6” display, a Qualcomm 800 CPU, and a 20-megapixel PureView camera, so here are additional details that will help complete the list.
It seems as though the Nokia Lumia 1520 will come with 4G LTE connectivity to keep up with the times, a 2GHz MSM8974 Snapdragon 800 CPU with Adreno 330 GPU, 2GB RAM, a choice of 32GB or 64GB of internal memory, a microSD memory card slot just in case all that memory is not enough, a beefy 3,400mAH battery, and wireless charging capability, all crammed into a body that measures 152mm x 81mm x 8.7mm, where it would tip the scales at 160 grams.
The Nokia Lumia 1520 will be announced this coming October 22nd in Abu Dhabi during the Nokia World press event, where a global shipment should happen sometime in December this year, although folks who are rocking to AT&T should be able to get it on an exclusive basis sometime in the second week of November.
- 2014-04-14: Upcoming Nokia Device Codenames Leaked
- 2014-04-13: Nokia Monarch Could Be T-Mobile's Lumia 635
- 2014-04-11: Nokia To Provide Chennai Factory Workers With Redundancy Packages
- 2014-04-10: Only PureView And High-End Nokia Handsets To Get Dedicated Camera Button [Rumor]
- 2014-04-09: Facebook Messenger For Asha, Lumia, Nokia X Announced
- 2014-04-07: Delta Airlines To Bring 20,000 Lumia 1520 Handsets To Their Flight Attendants
- 2014-03-31: Nokia Lumia 1520 Beats Out The Competition In Blind Camera Comparison
- 2014-03-18: Nokia Lumia 1520 Set To Receive Software Update
- 2014-03-09: Delta Air Lines Upgrading Nokias To Lumia 1520
- 2014-03-05: Lumia 1520 Beats Out Galaxy S5 For Gaming, According To Benchmarks