The possibility of the next generation iPad mini having a Retina display has been discussed, affirmed and refuted multiple times over the past couple of months. We’ve seen different analysts, news outlets and unofficial sources voicing their own opinions, yet no one knows for sure if Apple is really going to unveil a Retina iPad mini at its iPad event on October 22nd. Apple actually hasn’t even confirmed its iPad event, it is just rumored to make the announcements on the aforementioned date. No invitations have been rolled out yet, no confirmations have been made so far.
In a note to investors today, analyst Brian White of Cantor Fitzgerald predicts that no Retina iPad mini is going to be announced at the event. He expects Apple to announce an iPad mini with minor changes to the internal hardware and predicts a Retina iPad mini launch for the first quarter of next year. White says that the iPad 5 is going to be the highlight of Apple’s event, as it is going to come with major design changes as well as substantial hardware upgrades. The analyst’s report is contradictory to the one by a reputed news outlet, which said last week that we’ll see a Retina display touting iPad mini on October 22nd. Hopefully Apple will kill the confusion at the event, lets keep our fingers crossed.
Next Story: Apple Expands Its iPhone Trade-In Program
- 2014-04-09: Touch ID Rumored To Arrive For The iPad This Year
- 2014-03-31: iPad Air & iPad mini With LTE Hits China At Last
- 2014-03-23: Microsoft Convinces 12 Year Old Girl To Get The Surface 2 Over The iPad Mini
- 2014-03-18: Apple Reportedly Picks Samsung To Manufacture iPad Mini Display Panels
- 2014-02-16: iPad Pro Rumored For 2015 Release, iPad Mini Might Be Discontinued
- 2013-11-10: LCD Burn-In Reportedly Causing Retina iPad Mini Release Delay
- 2013-10-14: iPad Mini With Retina Display Reportedly Bit Thicker Due To Bigger Battery
- 2013-10-13: Low Cost iMac And iPad With High Resolution Display Rumored
- 2013-10-06: Retina iPad Mini And Apple iTV Might Come Next Year [Analyst]
- 2013-08-12: iPad 5 Features Same Thin Touch-Screen Technology As iPad Mini [Rumor]