After months of endless rumors, the Sony Xperia Z Ultra was announced back in June. Its certainly one of the biggest smartphones that Sony has made, with respect to its sheer size, as it touts a 6.4 inch full HD display. If you don’t like running Sony’s customized Android 4.2 user interface on that gigantic display, there’s now a alternative available which brings an experience that’s much closer to AOSP. CyanogenMod 10.2 nightly builds have started to roll out for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra, not only bringing a refined user interface, but also an updated version of Android.
That’s right, CyanogenMod 10.2 for Sony Xperia Z Ultra brings Android 4.3. Installing the custom ROM shouldn’t be much of a hassle since Sony usually doesn’t lock down its bootloader, if you have a custom recovery installed, you’re good to go. The relevant ROM for Sony Xperia Z Ultra is available under the “togari” codename, it weighs in at 217MB. There’s just one build available as of now, but more stable builds are likely to be released in the near future. Since nightly builds can tend to be buggy, it would be a good idea to create a backup of your data prior to installing the custom ROM. The applicable flashable Google apps pacakage will also be required if access to Google services such as the Play Store is needed after installation. The CyanogenMod 10.2 nightly build for Xperia Z Ultra can be downloaded here.
Next Story: Google Helpouts Launch Expected On November 5th
- 2014-04-15: God Of War Collection Arriving For The PS Vita
- 2014-04-15: Mysterious Sony D6603 Spotted In Screenshot
- 2014-04-14: Sony Xperia Z2 Pre-Orders Reopened In Europe
- 2014-04-11: Sony Vaio Fit 11A Recall Because Of Battery Overheating Risk
- 2014-04-11: Sony Unveils H1Z1, Upcoming Zombie MMO Title
- 2014-03-09: Android 4.4 KitKat Rolling Out To Xperia Z Ultra Owners
- 2014-01-30: Sony Xperia Z1 And Xperia Z Ultra Gets Software Update
- 2014-01-22: WiFi-Only Sony Xperia Z Ultra Officially Announced For Japan
- 2014-01-20: WiFi-only Xperia Z Ultra Seemingly Confirmed On Sony's Website
- 2014-01-10: WiFi-only Sony Xperia Z Ultra Could Be In The Works