We just reviewed Nokia’s first foray into the Windows 8 tablet market, the Nokia Lumia 2520, but it looks like this may not be the only tablet the company is creating as rumors are circulating around an 8-inch tablet, which is being referred to under the codename “Illusionist.”
The Illusionist is expected to become the Nokia Lumia 2020, according to an anonymous source revealing their information to DigiTimes. The naming scheme seems to make sense considering the recently released Lumia 2520 would serve as the 2020’s bigger brother. The Lumia 2020 is expected to be released in the first quarter of 2014, which gives Nokia just a few months to prepare for both its announcement as well as its impending launch, if DigiTime’s source is to be believed.
Considering how much we loved the Lumia 2520, we wouldn’t be surprised to hear Nokia would begin offering an 8-inch Windows tablet. Whether the tablet would run on a larger version of Windows Phone 8 or if it’ll run on Windows RT 8.1 is yet to be known. Specs of the Lumia 2020 are also completely unknown at this time, so we guess all we can do now is (im)patiently wait until the first quarter of 2014 to see if the Lumia 2020 turns out to be a real product.
- 2014-04-17: #Chokia Is Just Desserts For Nokia’s 3D Printing Research
- 2014-04-17: Nokia Lumia 2520 Sales Suspended Due To Electric Shock Concerns
- 2014-04-17: Lumia Icon Power Button Unresponsive After Windows Phone 8.1 Update
- 2014-04-16: Early Nokia Prototype Tablet From 2001 Gets Pictured
- 2014-04-16: Nokia Lumia 630 Dual SIM Increases Your Versatility
- 2014-03-24: Next Nokia Firmware Could Be The “Blue” Update
- 2014-03-17: Nokia Lumia 530 aka Nokia Rock Coming (Rumor)
- 2014-03-10: Nokia Lumia 635 Hits The FCC
- 2014-03-03: Oppo Find 7 50 Megapixel Camera Rumored
- 2014-02-28: Nokia Lumia 630 Specifications Leaked (Rumor)