Good news Command & Conquer fans, it looks like the franchise might not have been completely cancelled after all. This is according to an update on EA’s page where it states that the game is being moved to a new studio. While this doesn’t confirm when development will resume or who the new studio might be, it’s still good news for those who were worried that the franchise might have been dropped for good, or that EA might put the game on ice for a while before resuming its development. According to EA, “For those of you who bought The C&C Ultimate Collection, your early access to the beta will be honored once production of this title resumes under a new studio. “
It was just last month where it was announced that Command & Conquer: Generals 2, first announced back in 2011, would be cancelled, and that the studio behind it, Victory Studios, would be shutting down. The money gamers spent on the alpha has since been refunded. Many expressed their surprise and disappointment that the game has been cancelled, although we have to wonder if the new studio will simply pick things up from where it was left of, or if they will be starting all over from scratch, which in that case would result in another couple of years waiting.
- 2014-04-11: EA Looking To Transition Older Battlefield Titles From GameSpy's Servers
- 2014-04-03: Battlefield 4: Naval Strike Will See General Release On 15 April
- 2014-04-01: EA Apologizes To Nintendo For "Unacceptable" Wii U Joke
- 2014-03-30: EA Origin Service To Go 100% Digital From April Onwards
- 2014-03-19: EA Reportedly Secures Publishing Rights For Titanfall 2 [Rumor]
- 2013-10-30: Command & Conquer: Generals 2 Cancelled