While our smartphones are pretty capable of shooting great photos these days, there are times and places where it struggles, especially when lighting is scarce. Sure, the Nokia Lumia 1020 does a pretty decent job in low-light situations, but the results can be hardly called advertisement worthy, right? Well that’s where Foldio comes into play, and in case the photo above wasn’t clear enough indication, Foldio is actually a foldable studio that you can pretty much slip into your pocket or bag, and pop it open anywhere to have a mini photo shoot with.
It’s a foldable light box that comes with an LED strip to help illuminate the subject in the box, and will also come with optional colored background sheets, just in case white got a bit boring and you wanted a green background to help photoshop elements into the photograph later on. The light box is made with laminated paper and is water resistant and will snap into place thanks to the use of magnets. It’s a pretty clever idea and for $27, its creators will send you a Foldio, an LED strip, and a white background, but for an extra $9, you will get additional color sheets.
If you’d like to learn more about Foldio, hit up its Kickstarter page where it has already managed to more than double its original goal of $10,000.
- 2014-04-11: Micro 3D Printer Kickstarter Hits The $2 Million Mark In 3 Days
- 2014-04-10: Pocket Printer Kickstarter Project Lets You Print On The Go
- 2014-04-09: CommBadge Bluetooth Wearable Device Lets You Interact With Siri/Google Now Hands-Free
- 2014-04-07: Micro 3D Printer Reaches Kickstarter Goal In 11 Minutes
- 2014-04-06: Ears For Surface Will Help Boost The Tablet's Volume For $10