Foxconn has been a close manufacturing partner of Apple’s for quite a number of years now, although they have run into some rather serious issues of their own in the past – including suicides and all that. GSMInsider has reported that they have heard from a source (an unidentified one at that) from China that Foxconn is currently performing tests on a new iPad that comes with a 12.9” display. This is interesting, especially when you consider that Foxconn currently assembles Apple’s existing iPads and iPhones. Needless to say, the amount of detail concerning the 12.9” iPad is extremely scarce, so we are pretty much in the dark as to what the 12.9” iPad will offer.
One also ought to take note that in recent memory, the iPad mini has started to perform better and better in terms of sales, and to hear that Apple might be working on a larger sized iPad at 12.9” might just kick start the tablet segment for Cupertino. They are not quite in the doldrums though, as the iPad range is still the best selling tablet device at the moment in most markets. Would you bite should a new 12.9″ iPad from Apple hits the market, or do you think that 9.7″ is enough?
- Microsoft Rumored To Be Launching Low-Cost Windows Tablets In India
- Galaxy NotePro 12.2 & G Pad 8.3 Pegged For 6th March Launch On Verizon [Rumor]
- Microsoft Surface Mini Rumored For June Announcement
- Alleged Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Specs Leaked
- iPad Pro Rumored For 2015 Release, iPad Mini Might Be Discontinued