When it comes to smartphone cameras, safe to say the Nokia Lumia 1020 is currently dominating the rest of the competition, which is saying something as camera quality is a serious consideration when someone plans to buy a new smartphone. The question is, how does it stack against the recently released Google Nexus 5? While the Nexus 5’s camera was never really touted as one of its selling points, most reviews found the camera to be OK only, with nothing to shout about, and the comparison photos between the Lumia 1020 and the Nexus 5 certainly speak volumes.
The comparison photos were taken by Felix Hamer and to give the Nexus 5 a fair shot, the Lumia 1020’s zoom and Xenon flash were not used. One of the comparison photos can be seen in photo above, with the top portion of the photo coming from the Lumia 1020, while the bottom is from the Nexus 5. Surprisingly the Nexus 5 is able to hold its own and while the Lumia 1020 is a little sharper, both photos look relatively good and unless you’re planning on printing and framing them, they should be more than passable to be used on Facebook and other social media websites. To see the rest of the comparison photos, hit up AAWP for the details, but in the meantime what do you guys think?
- 2014-04-22: HTC Might Be Interested In Nokia's Chennai Factory
- 2014-04-21: Microsoft Nokia Deal Closes April 25th
- 2014-04-20: Nokia's Phone Division Will Be Named Microsoft Mobile
- 2014-04-17: #Chokia Is Just Desserts For Nokia’s 3D Printing Research
- 2014-04-17: Nokia Lumia 2520 Sales Suspended Due To Electric Shock Concerns
- 2014-04-16: Nokia Lumia 1020 Used To Document Underwater Diving Mission
- 2014-03-23: Nokia Lumia 1020 Used To Shoot Fashion Magazine's Entire Issue
- 2014-03-18: Nokia Lumia 1020 Used By Scientists To See Behind Objects
- 2013-12-19: More On Black Update For AT&T Nokia Lumia 1020, Lumia 1520 Gets New Firmware Too
- 2013-12-19: Nokia Lumia 1020 Getting Nokia Black Update Earlier Than Expected