Thanks to an official invite being sent out by Motorola, we now know that the upcoming Moto G will officially make its debut on the 13th of November, and thanks to a leak by the ever-reliable @evleaks, what we are looking at above is the alleged press render of the upcoming handset. Given that the Moto G is expected to be a lower-end version of the Moto X, it really does not come as a surprise that the Moto G and Moto X share some design similarities. Of course since this is hardly the official announcement, there is a slight chance that @evleaks could be wrong, but given his track record, we’re inclined to believe it’s the real thing.
Motorola will announce the device on the 13th of November but for now, the rumored specs include a quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon processor clocked at 1.2GHz, although there are reports suggesting 1.5GHz. Other rumored specs include 8GB of onboard storage, a 5MP rear-facing camera capable of 720p HD video capture, a 1.3MP front-facing camera, the usual WiFi and Bluetooth connectivity options, a 1,950mAh battery, and will run Android 4.3 Jelly Bean out of the box. Since the device is lower-specced than the Moto X, we expect it to cost less as well, but either way check back with us on the 13th of November for the official details.
- 2014-04-23 Next-gen Moto X & Moto G Will Continue To Use Near-Stock Android
- 2014-04-20 Moto G LTE And Ferrari Rumored To Be In The Works
- 2014-04-20 Moto E Specifications Leaked
- 2014-04-17 Motorola Moto G For $149 Unlocked Via Republic Wireless
- 2014-04-02 The Moto G Forte Is Actually The Moto G With A Grip Shell Case