Recently we reported that apparently due to shortages in supply, the Nokia Lumia 1520 could have been delayed for AT&T customers and those who ordered from Microsoft’s online store as well. Now if you were thinking that it might be a better, if not clever, idea to head on over to your local AT&T store to pick up the handset in person, you’d be out of luck too. According to the folks at WPCentral who first reported the original low supply, they claim to have called around several AT&T outlets and found out that they were low on stock too. In fact some outlets claim that they have to receive any of the handsets at all!
Of course you can always try your luck and call your local store to see if they have stock too, or perhaps try one of Microsoft’s retail outlets as well, but there’s no guarantee that they might have them in stock either. We’re not sure what the reason is behind this apparent low stock. It could either be that AT&T did not anticipate such high demand for the phone and did not order enough units, or Nokia could be at fault here for not producing enough to begin with. Either way hopefully this issue will sort itself out soon. Until then keep trying!
- 2014-04-14: Upcoming Nokia Device Codenames Leaked
- 2014-04-13: Nokia Monarch Could Be T-Mobile's Lumia 635
- 2014-04-11: Nokia To Provide Chennai Factory Workers With Redundancy Packages
- 2014-04-10: Only PureView And High-End Nokia Handsets To Get Dedicated Camera Button [Rumor]
- 2014-04-09: Facebook Messenger For Asha, Lumia, Nokia X Announced
- 2014-04-07: Delta Airlines To Bring 20,000 Lumia 1520 Handsets To Their Flight Attendants
- 2014-03-31: Nokia Lumia 1520 Beats Out The Competition In Blind Camera Comparison
- 2014-03-18: Nokia Lumia 1520 Set To Receive Software Update
- 2014-03-09: Delta Air Lines Upgrading Nokias To Lumia 1520
- 2014-03-05: Lumia 1520 Beats Out Galaxy S5 For Gaming, According To Benchmarks