More than four and a half years ago, we brought you word that Pioneer had already announced that they were ready to throw in the towel where its TV business was concerned. It does seem as though the company is about to perform a U-turn on their decision, as Pioneer recently announced that they will make a return to the TV market, although on a far smaller scale. This re-entry into the TV market would come in the form of it being an exclusive brand for Dixons. Those who happen to be huge fans of the Kuro plasma displays will be disappointed, since Pioneer’s efforts will extend to just manufacturing 1080p LED models that will arrive in just three sizes – namely 40”, 46” and 55”.
Of course, to make sure that they keep up with the times, the trio of LED TVs will arrive with 3D capability as well as Smart TV support, not to mention boasting a slew of connection options that will range from HDMI to USB and Wi-Fi. The new sets from Pioneer will be marketed and sold by Dixons in the Nordic countries when they launch later this December (just in time for Christmas!), and there are already plans to introduce them in the UK sometime down the road.
Next Story: iTrainer Mini Hits The FCC
- 2014-04-09 Interactive TV Bus Is World’s First
- 2014-03-20 8K TV Broadcast Testing In Japan To Begin By 2016
- 2014-03-12 Pioneer Reportedly Working On Bringing CarPlay To More Vehicles
- 2014-03-10 LG 2014 TV Lineup Introduced In South Korea
- 2014-03-05 Pioneer DJE-2000 And DJE-1500 Headphones Announced
- 2014-03-04 Couple Tries Saving Flat Screen TV While Apartment Burns
- 2014-01-23 NHK In Japan Tests 8K Video Broadcast