For all the amount of artificial intelligence that a robotic vacuum cleaner is supposed to have, here is a case where it actually experienced a fatal miscalculation. Apparently, a cleaning robot was reported to have switched itself on before making its way over to a hot plate. Needless to say, when it was on the hot plate, the entire robot started to melt like a T-1000 at the end of the Terminator 2 movie. Obviously, it resulted in a fire that started licking at the owner’s home, all the while being engulfed by flames. I suppose that this might be the first case of a robot suicide, if you will. Do you think that the robot was so sick and tired of house chores, that it could not take it any more and decided to call it quits?
A fireman who helped extinguish the blaze shared, “I don’t know about the allegations of a robot suicide but the homeowner is insistent that the device was switched off – it’s a mystery how it came to be activated and ended up making its way to the hotplate.” Stranger things have happened in the past, but we can shelve this alongside the rest of the quirkier things that have happened with technology at home.