We have time and again that Samsung is developing a 12.2 inch tablet, but the company is yet to confirm if such a tablet really is going to be released at some point in time. Obviously its too soon for Samsung to confirm the existence of this tablet, even when it apparently hasn’t even entered the production stage as yet. The latest from infamous Taiwanese trade publication, Digitimes, claims that Samsung will kick off production of its 12.2 inch tablet by the end of this year.
The film-based capacitive touch display of this tablet is said to be provided by China-based Shenzhen O-film Tech. The report also predicts that Samsung might kick off the trend of such large tablets, given its global brand recognition and significant marketing resources. It certainly popularized the phablet trend, smartphones with significantly large displays. The report cites a source who claims that other vendors might follow suit with their own large tablets once they see Samsung leading the way. Apple is already rumored to be working on a 12.9 inch iPad of its own, its expected to release such a tablet next year, but one can’t say that Cupertino’s following in Samsung’s footsteps, seeing as how rumors about both companies working on large tablets emerged only earlier this year. Samsung is expected to release its 12.2 inch tablet in the first quarter of 2014.
- 2014-04-11: Galaxy S5 PayPal Fingerprint Support Disabled By Verizon
- 2014-04-11: T-Mobile Offering BlackBerry Users $200 To "Upgrade" To Samsung
- 2014-04-11: Samsung Galaxy S5 Will Be Region-Locked As Well
- 2014-04-11: Leaked HTC One M8 Training Doc Compares It To The Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-10: Samsung Galaxy S5 Stability Update Arrives Prior To Global Launch
- 2014-04-09: Samsung's New Tablet Commercials Targets The iPad
- 2014-03-26: Russian Government Drops iPads In Favor Of Samsung Tablets
- 2014-03-20: Samsung Galaxy Pro Ad Criticizes The iPad And Microsoft Surface
- 2013-11-04: Samsung Beats Out Apple's iPad In Customer Satisfaction Based On Pricing
- 2013-10-14: Samsung And Apple Rumored To Be Working On 12 Inch Tablets