Its no secret that Samsung is very successful in the global mobile market. The company has certainly mounted a tough challenge against Apple, while it has kept competition from other Android OEMs at bay. To get an idea of just how dominant Samsung is, take a look at the latest data from Localytics. Samsung accounts for a staggering 63 percent of all Android mobile devices around the world, this includes smartphones, phablet and tablets.No other OEM even comes close, in fact, Samsung’s market share is nearly double that of all other OEMs combined.
The latest from Localytics also shows that eight out of the ten most popular Android smartphones are made by Samsung. While it has achieved a very strong footing in the global Android smartphone market, the company is expected to push for the same in the Android tablet market next year. Samsung reportedly plans to focus more on tablets next year. Rumors have already started circulating about the tablets it is expected to release in 2014, these include a 12.2 inch and 13.3 inch tablet as well as tablets with AMOLED displays. As of now, Samsung holds 53 percent of the Android tablet market, with Galaxy Tab 2 tablets accounting for more than 40 percent of all active Android tablets.
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Chrome Beta For Android Updated
- 2014-04-10: Google Expands Security Services For Android
- 2014-04-10: LG G Pad 8.3 Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update In US And Europe
- 2014-04-10: Google's New Calendar App Gets A Visual Overhaul
- 2014-03-27: Root Galaxy S5 SM-G900F With Updated CF-Auto-Root Tool
- 2014-03-13: Samsung Dominates 65% Of Global Android Market [Report]
- 2014-03-05: Android 4.4 Kitkat Update In Galaxy S4 And Galaxy Note 3 Drops Benchmark Optimization
- 2014-02-16: Samsung Could Have Bought Android In 2004 But Chose Not To
- 2014-01-29: Samsung To Cut Back On Android Modifications [Report]