Samsung has built its unquestionable lead in the global smartphone market in just a few years, so what’s the next frontier for the Korean conglomerate? Tablets seem like a good bet, as its not exactly as strong there as it is in the smartphone business. It has already been rumored that Samsung will focus a lot more on tablets in 2014, while continuing to do what it does best for its smartphones. The latest from a Korean publication suggests that Samsung is gearing up to ship as many as 100 million tablets next year.
Even as it stands though, Samsung’s tablets dominate Android tablets manufactured by other companies purely in terms of sale. The company’s 7 inch and 10 inch tablets have been popular in their own right so far, but Samsung is expected to up the ante next year. It is believed that Samsung will launch larger tablets in 2014, one with a 12.2 inch display and one particularly large tablet with a 13.3 inch display. It remains to be seen if these new tablets will drive growth for the company in the global tablet market. Samsung is expected to launch a couple of tablets early next year, and if recent rumors are true, it may also resurrect AMOLED displays for tablets once again.
- 2014-04-11: Galaxy S5 PayPal Fingerprint Support Disabled By Verizon
- 2014-04-11: T-Mobile Offering BlackBerry Users $200 To "Upgrade" To Samsung
- 2014-04-11: Samsung Galaxy S5 Will Be Region-Locked As Well
- 2014-04-11: Leaked HTC One M8 Training Doc Compares It To The Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-10: Samsung Galaxy S5 Stability Update Arrives Prior To Global Launch
- 2014-03-27: Root Galaxy S5 SM-G900F With Updated CF-Auto-Root Tool
- 2014-03-13: Samsung Dominates 65% Of Global Android Market [Report]
- 2014-03-05: Android 4.4 Kitkat Update In Galaxy S4 And Galaxy Note 3 Drops Benchmark Optimization
- 2014-02-16: Samsung Could Have Bought Android In 2004 But Chose Not To
- 2014-01-29: Samsung To Cut Back On Android Modifications [Report]